Yes I bought a new toy that didn’t stay stock for very long, a 2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Scrapped the ‘Orange Crush’ paint and replaced it with a mix of Sherbourne Green and Voodoo Blue with AlaskanWhite with Black pinstripe, added taller bars, and replaced the Amal knock off grips for more comfy ones. Might look at redoing the seat and replacing those bloody awful mufflers. Still have the T100SR, that’ll never be sold! #RoyalEnfieldTwins#Interceptor
This is Gwladys the 1966 Triumph T100SR. Why call it Gwladys? When I first got it it needed a little work and I was talking to my Mam and asked her if she’d ever been for a ride on a bike as there are numerous pictures of her sitting on various bikes my brother or myself owned, her response was ‘no not unless they’ve got training wheels you won’t get me on one’. After a brief discussion she agreed to let me take her for a ride around the front and back garden when the trumpy was finished. Mam passed away before I got it finished so in honour of her I called the bike “Gwladys.”
Added another bike to the stable, a 2000 VN1500 Kawasaki – so that’s the ’95 VN800A and the ’66 Triumph Tiger – oh also picked up a Behringer Neutron, not a bad bit of kit for 500 bux. This is the VN sitting at the auction place – not too shabby for $1,950 😉
Yes, I bit the bullet and bought one. I’m as tight as a ducks arse (water tight) when it comes to money so it’s taken me an age to fall over one that was priced right, at $500 for an Oasys 88 that needs $12.00 worth of HDD is a bargain 🙂 hell it goes beyond bargain LOL
Picked up this 1995 VN800A for the princely sum of $1600 – it doesn’t look like this anymore, repainted it black then covered it in coarse metal-flake followed by 6 coats of Candy Apple Blue, 12″ up apes on 2.5″ risers and a braided brake line. Not too sure if I’m going to airbrush it yet, only time and boredom will tell. Oh the joys of playing silly buggers 😛
Didn’t take me long to get shot of the Harley Fatboy and go back to where I started which was a Triumph. Bought an older restored 1966 Triumph T100, needs a few odds and sods but I prefer this over the HD any day.
While I’m waiting for Outer West Sandblasting to finish everything (the fatboy and the VL parts) I got carried away and tidied up the wiring (yes Mark, solder not connectors ), got the headlight sorted and working, took bloody ages – turns out it helps if you earth it drowned everything that needed it in red loctite oh and found an awesome carby return spring mount (see pic).
Slowly but shortly, hopefully it’ll all be done and back on the road within the next 7 to 10 days.