A new toy spelt TORTURE!! – Part Four
Pain, Pain and MORE Pain!!! My back is killing me, as is my shoulder – bloody old age so all I managed to get sorted today was covering the bits in stop putty and making up a missing bracket.
On the upper fairing half near the lower rear section on each side are two rather beefy brackets that need to be bolted to the frame. Both had come loose and one was missing completely so after dragging the bike out of the workshop and half way up the yard, I took all the body panels outside and covered them in spot putty or stop putty or blade putty or whatever the hell you wanna call it, then proceeded to make the missing L shaped bracket which I’ll glass back in to place tomorrow before I squirt the colour on.
While the spot putty was drying I decided to drag the pressure washer out and degrease the whole bike so now you can actually see the bloody awful red wheels which after it’s all re-assembled will be coming off to be redone in silver to match the muffler covers and the checker vents that are in the side covers. The following pics show how far I’ve gotten so far – and digits crossed it’ll be painted tomorrow and in saying that if all goes well I’ll also get it airbrushed “we’ll see.”
Oh something I forgot, I also ordered the muffler gaskets @ 30 bux each so that brings the current running cost to $1,381 – slowly getting up there, but it’ll be worth it!!